Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week Two at the Hudson River Fellowship

Recently I had the opportunity to watch Tom Kegler, Ted Minoff and Erik Koeppel paint some of the beautiful scenes here at the White Mountains, N.H.  In an effort to document my studies as well as share with fellow artists I will be posting what I learned from my trip here:

  • After creating an under painting Tom moves around the canvas starting with the background light coming through the distant trees then paints in the background trees in a light grey tones. He then works into the main subject and foreground using average tones. Take a look at some of these progress shots.


I will have to break this blog down into parts as I have to work with the wifi hours on the local cafe here in town and I still have lots of painting to do today before our show. I will be back to post more images and info on my notes here in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment